Monday 5 May 2014

Un peu de musique de 1976

1976 the year of the Olympic Games in Montreal, the year I entered University, the year I moved to Ottawa.

Gérard Lenorman, a French singer had this enormous song hit which to this day is still very popular because for so many it brings back memories of their youth. Radio-Canada was playing it this morning.

I noticed this morning looking out my window that the Rideau Canal has reached almost its Summer Season water level, meaning that soon pleasure boats will be sailing by our home. Friday the Tulip Festival starts and with it the tourist season.

Here is Les Clés, a song from 1976 by Gérard Lenorman.


6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this song, but I wish I knew more than 10 words in French! I sure hope we'll see photos of your tulip festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is about a couple and their child Nicholas. The wife has left to pursue other things. But he waits for her forever, hoping she will return one day if not for him at least for their son who is growing up.

      Delete
  2. Does this song capture the urtext of French-Canada for the 70s? Or was it atypical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all, it is very European and about France.

      Delete
    2. Let me send you one that represent to this day that 1970 feeling in French Canada.

      Delete