Thursday 14 October 2010

vacation ending

Well the vacation in Greece went relatively well, despite some problems with the hotel in Santorini and the theft today of my wallet, money and credit cards, a first for me, after all the years of travel. I know now how it happened, how the pickpocket got close enough and it was all done in a few seconds. We were sitting ducks really, my father walking very slowly and with difficulty, an old person, me looking after him and carrying some shopping bags. It was all too easy. I was distracted and that is when the thief pounced. I took me a full minute to realize what had actually happened. I am only very happy that all he got was cash and my bank card and one credit card but nonetheless it is a big hassle.

The weather also today has been totally unpredictable, lots of wind, clouds and a violent rain storm, now the sky is clear and clouds are gone but it is much cooler.

Dad was happy today to go sit in the bar of the Hotel Grande-Bretagne, but he gets very tired after even just a short walk.

Tomorrow being the last day, will take it easy, maybe just reading. Looking forward to going home to W. and the puppies. 

2 comments:

  1. How annoying about your wallet being stolen, but as you say, it's only money and cards.... Hope they can be replaced expeditiously.

    Traveling with an aging parent is hard work. I've done it with my mother and a lot but it's still hard for me to adjust to having to look after her all the time, when all my life she looked after me. I hope you had some good time together on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, we had a good vacation and good weather despite prediction of rain. It rained during the night so it did not affect us.

    ReplyDelete