Saturday 30 October 2010

recent pictures

Since July 7 I have been following a new regimen with the help of a dietitian and the results are showing to my great pleasure, however this means that all my clothes now need to be altered, I have lost 3 cm on my waist which makes a difference, I find that this weight loss makes me look more distinguished. My doctor also mentioned that for men's health a slimmer waist is far better than the North American paunch which is so common here in Canada and elsewhere. Apparently many health problems for men start with a large waist area, diabetes type 2 and heart problems which then lead to other serious problems.

Villa Aurelia on the Janiculum Hill, Rome last year before the diet

In Mykonos, Greece, October 2010

In Mykonos in October 2010.

I am now hoping to conclude by arriving at my goal which is 70 Kg. I am only 3 kg off at this time, I have lost about 14 Kg. or 25lbs. My goal of 70 kg is what I call my Asian weight target, in China most men weigh between 60 to 70 kg on average which is far less than Western men.

Another discovery I made while in Ottawa at the old By Ward market, I found this new apple called Honey Crisp, they are not very common on the market yet but very good, bigger than a Mac Intosh and certainly more juicy and sweet.
You know the old saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away, it is apparently true and proven now by new medical studies.

3 comments: