Thursday 27 May 2010

Nickolas and Eleonora are home

This morning we drove out to Prima Porta to fetch Nicky and Nora who were visiting family in Capena. We were told that Nicky was kept busy by 3 bitches in heat, he looked a little thin apparently he forgot to eat. Nora also lost a bit of weight which is a good thing, all the fresh air and running around in fields. They also had 3 classes in socializing and playing with much bigger dogs, German Shepherds that is at Lisa T. who is their trainer.
In the car, Nicky slept on the back seat, while Nora was in the front looking out the window and the world going by as we drove back into Rome.

Now after having double rations for dinner and biscuit, they are snoozing away on the sofa, using yours truly as a pillow. The world is perfect.

Tomorrow I was planning to go to Florence for the day to see a cabinet maker of miniature display cases. But since I am a bit tired I will postpone the trip. These cabinets I would use for my ever expanding army of lead soldier. If I ever go to Russia on posting, I probably will get into serious army build-up.
Russia is very well known for its quality lead soldiers and beautiful craftsmanship. When I get close to the one hundred thousand mark, I will let you know.

3 comments:

  1. When you get close to the 100,000 mark I'll be moving out! With the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience,there's no such thing as a 'bigger' dog to a Dachshund.
    Happy to hear everyone's back home again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, Ha,Ha, you know in the Ottawa valley I was speaking with some collectors and they had one to two hundred thousand soldiers in their home. Serious collectors. You always says that, but I know better.

    Sling, indeed our old Bundnie was a short hair dashchund and I remember her taking on Pitbulls and Beagles many time her size, they were intimidated by her growl and posture and backed off.

    ReplyDelete