Sunday 30 May 2010

It's not all glamour you know


Lately as I have been thinking of many things about my life and looking back, reflecting you could say, I noted that I have often put the wrong emphasis on things, what is important and what is not important. People's attitudes, response or lack of will often affect me and color the way I see things. I have to remember that everyone in this world has a different experience and some people no matter who they are may be selfish, dishonest, have insecurities and negative attitudes or just lazy. I have to simply hold on to what I believe and do my best at all times and that is really all that is required. I also have to learn to look after myself and not worry so much about others. They are just as capable to look after themselves. Taking some distance, deep breath as Mr. W. would say, I often laugh at him saying that, but in the end he is right. I have enough to do without worrying about others and their attitudes or responses or lack thereof.
Life is a two way street and people have to respond in kind, if they don't well it is because they have their own problems and it is really not my concern.

I am often bad at reading people and how their behaviour or body language can send clues of what they are really thinking. I really have to work on that. The difficulty is trying to correct a lifetime of habit into a more pro-active or defensive attitude to protect myself. Being positive or looking at things from a completely different angle can help also. Things are not always what they seem, there is often much more beneath the surface. So I need to take a fresh look or at least a different look and be more analytical of people, so that I can lead a happier life.

I have to remember that I am not responsible for everything in this world.
Help if I can. Be more positive and look on the bright side.
Many things are out of my control and I have to accept that.
Bad things happen but that is not my fault. Others have to also take responsibilities.

4 comments:

  1. Wise words. If people get to us, it's true, it's their problem, but they'll find the weakness and we'll start feeding off that in ourselves. Bell-jar!

    The other wisdom is J's - cast your bread upon the waters. ie be kind and generous, and usually there'll be a spontaneous, unsought for return. Ingratitude, too, but you can't let that make you misanthropic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Indeed, it is a question for this old dog to learn this trick. I am working at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a caring person,so things tend to affect you more than those who can let things just kinda roll off their backs.
    Work on it for sure,but don't let the actions of others make you cynical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sling I have got to learn to stand back and let the chips fall where they may, not my responsibility, then someone else who is responsible has to take care of matters. But it is a hard lesson to learn after a lifetime of habit. But I am working hard at it.

    ReplyDelete