Thursday 16 July 2009


I remember some 40 yrs ago today when Apollo landed on the Moon, we watched it on TV in the backyard of my uncles house, we were having a Bar-B-Q. It was amazing almost hard to believe that men where on the moon walking. I remember thinking that the Moon would not be the same after this landing. It would no longer be so mysterious, so much the stuff of dreams. On this anniversary I am in Athens and will be looking at the moon tonite thinking of that evening when I was a boy in my uncle’s backyard in Montreal.

What a wonderful time it was.

2 comments:

  1. Today is the day: I remember my mother handing around green- veined cheese for us to eat when the astronauts landed on the moon. We were glued to the TV images of them bouncing around the moon's surface.
    CP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I was a kid,I remember thinking about the thousands of years that we looked up at the moon,and wondered on it...The fact that we got there in MY lifetime was the coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete