Sunday 24 July 2011

Departure

Today being Sunday I had lunch, Pranzo, at Simonetta and Renato, who were so very nice to invite me on my last weekend. What I realize today is that I am tired of saying goodbye and changing life every 3 to 4 years. I am getting to old for this kind of adventure. I know what Will means, it sometimes takes me time to get it, but in the end I do understand. There were also coincidences today, the white wine I brought came from the Whittaker Estate on the Island of Mosia in Sicily near Marsala, the famous Grillo. I did not notice when I bought it, we visited the island in May, site of the biggest Phoenician settlement known in the Mediterranean.


I had also given Renato an old illustration from the London Illustrated News 1854 and it is about the Italian war of independence picturing the French Troops allies of the Pope against the Italian. Renato pointed that out to me, he has another illustration on the same topic.

Had a very nice lunch on Friday with colleagues and looking at the pictures, how much I enjoyed working with them all and how much I will miss them.

                                Michi and Georgia

                               Linda, Jolka and Gail

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have shared both these occasions with you caro mio. You'll be here soon and we can start the next stage of our lives knowing that we made the most of the last.

    baci

    ReplyDelete