Thursday 24 March 2011

At 55 in Rome

Well another birthday in another great setting. I am really fortunate, to be able to celebrate major birthday in great cities of the world, Mexico City, Cairo, Istanbul, Warsaw, Beijing, Rome.  It certainly makes up for not having a Betty Crocker Chocolate cake my Mom use to make, the icing was so sweet you felt your teeth growing cavities. Had wonderful parties through the years with good friends. This year is the same, lunch today at the Enoteca on Via Alessandria with Linda, Gail and Jolka. Tonite it will be Spanish Tapas at a nice restaurant on Via Nomentana. Tomorrow night we are going to the Anatra Grassa and chef Giovanni Scomazzon is preparing a special menu. This is what I enjoy the most and of course Will who always comes up with a special surprise. Even Nicky and Nora our little hounds came up with a bouquet of flowers, clever dogs. Apparently I can start getting some senior discounts as of today, amazing.

  1959, in front of our old black and white television at home, 52 yrs separate this photo from the top one. My hair is a little whiter.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, you haven't changed a bit! Hope you had a great Birthday, with many more to come
    Betty Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Jean thank you. See you soon in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinko
    I was away from blogland for a few days and I missed your day.
    I want to wish you a belated birthday and many more to come - may this next year be your best one ever !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ur-Spo thank you for your good wishes. Will do a post on the gifts I got, some pretty nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete