Thursday 21 May 2009

getting ready for the vacation


Why is it that when you want to go on vacation there is always something to keep you back. Silly things, last minute, things, all agravating. Friday I am getting my hair cut, then Saturday I go to the vets with the puppies for their shots, Monday is the last day at work and Tuesday I drive puppies to the farm to visit with their relatives. Wednesday we leave for Bolzano by train. Off on vacation, it will be a nice time, because we are out of Rome and will see different things, hear a different language (Austrian German) different food and mentality. The music festival in Salzburg is one of the great ones in Europe and we do it all by train which is nice because I do not have to drive anywhere.

Speaking of which, I had 2 parking tickets today, in front of my house. I parked on the street because they were repairing the entrance. It seems the police targeted me, will see about how to settle this matter tomorrow.

The weather is really hot now in Rome, it seems summer appeared all of a sudden with 30C in the shade. Which means that the figues season is not far away, we have 2 trees by the house and they are lovely full of fruit. Will try to get at them before the birds do.

No comments:

Post a Comment